Sunday, November 29, 2015

This week. In a nutshell. We do a lot of reporting so I will try and keep this nice a concise and interesting. 

-Shout out to my boys at MIT as they have a couple important games this upcoming week :) excited for them! Keeping you all in my prayers this week!

-Been able to play some good basketball 1 on 1 and 2 on 2 with my new companion. It is nice to have a little competition finally :) 

I asked someone in first contact (meaning within the first 20 seconds of talking to the guy) to be baptized. It was bold but oh well :) I followed the spirit and even though he rejected it was ok because my companion also had the same prompting..I know God has a plan for him though it may seem strange. It has been a bold week. 

My companion Elder Spurrier has a ton of energy and it has been great. We have been getting out there and really finding all of the filipinos and trying to do everything we can possibly do to raise the vision of mission. People do only what they think they can do. Fact. 

You can do anything you think you can. 

"It is all in the head." -Jeff Pierce 

Thanks Dad, I guess it took me longer than I thought to realize that. I used to laugh at you because you said it so much. Sawyer, Jackson, don't laugh when he says that because it is so true. You believe it can happen, you make it happen and it will happen :) I promise you that. 

Life is mental. 

Everyone I talk to that looks Chinese I say: ni jin tian hao ma? which means how is your day? 

But sometimes they are not chinese and this week, this lady got super mad because she didn't speak chinese..and I assumed she did. She yelled at us but its ok we just noticed the guy standing next to her who was looking at us funny. We ignored her and talked to him and boom he was super interested. 

That is how you face rejection. You don't. 

They ask: What do you do when you are in a tough missionary area? 

I respond: I don't know, I have never been in one. 

I have felt the spirit different this week. It is going to be an exciting transfer. I love you all. 

Matthew 6:31-33

Love,

Elder Pierce  



One of these pictures is the passing of the binder from one assistant to another. Sorry in case that was confusing. Elder Perritt went to Ipoh. Elder Spurrier came in from Kota Kinabalu.

No comments:

Post a Comment