Monday, August 3, 2015

-got 13:28 of 100 pushups, 100 pullups, 100 situps this week. Best time yet. Any takers? 
-had four flat tires this week on my bike. it has been a rough bike week. 
-had dinner with the richest man in Miri (see picture) but he refused the gospel :( 
Basically we contacted his friend who introduced us to him. Pretty cool. He owns like everything in Miri. 
-Chinese parenting has got me pretty mad this week. Please encourage your kids don't belittle them. 
-Cultural moment: here you can't ask for water, you ask for "Sky Juice." Real English folks. 
-Dropped off a bunch of book of mormons at the Marriot. Wow it is nice. The owner of Marriot is mormon. 

Louis our investigator from Brunei is getting baptized this week. Brunei is a Muslim country we can't go to. He comes down for church each week. He quit smoking. From one pack a day to nothing in one day! (Grandma.. where are you at?!) haha Probably the best investigator I have had. Unbelievable faith. Excited for him to soon be a leader in the church. He is about 30 years old.

I have been thinking a lot about when I was on Conejo Elite as a kid and we always played zone defense. Something that has always stuck with me is something that my Dad (our coach) said. Dakota! You are doing too much! I was running all around the zone trying to guard everyone. I have noticed that come up again on my mission and in life in general and it seems to be lesson I have to learn again and again. Working hard is great but working smart is better. And working smart is working with the spirit. We (I) can always and I mean always work harder as a missionary. 

In life we can always be busy finding more and more to pack our schedule but that isn't fun. Simplify it a little. Focus on what is most important. Family, God, Yourself and your fellowman. 

These two really hit it home: 



Love you all,


Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment