Monday, July 27, 2015

-Last week went to the beach on p-day. We basically live on the beach so that worked well :) 

-this week we took the 3 hour bus down to Bintulu (look on google maps) to go on splits with the elders there. So that was a ton of fun. Got to see a new city! Similar to Miri I would say. 

-Kept hitting the gym this week and my 100, 100, 100. Trying to work in basketball as well. 

-One of our investigators Susan who we have been trying to get to come to church but has a work problem, finally came to church this week. She literally called her boss and told him she was leaving work to go to church whether he allowed it or not. I was shocked. She really just risked her job and wow was the boss mad on the phone but in the end it worked out. He didn't do anything or even say anything to her later. Talk about faith :) 

-This week I got to bless the sacrament with Larry (the 17 year old that got baptized a couple of weeks ago after inviting him to basketball class. That was one of the sweetest experiences ever. To stand with him at the sacrament table as equals representing Jesus Christ in blessing the sacrament. Something I will definitively never forget. 

Louis. Our investigator from Brunei is also doing awesome. He  is cold turkey quitting smoking and wow I don't think I have ever had an investigator as faithful as him. He is going to get baptized on august 9th so we are excited for him! 

This week I have pondering a lot about the Spirit. Literally the spirit is all we have to connect with God. It is the source of God's communication with us right now. So if you haven't felt the spirit every single day for the last week then change something. Make sure you can feel the spirit every single day at least once. It will make you so much more at peace. I promise. 

Alma 5:26

Love you all, 

Elder Pierce


P.S. with my goal of writing and speaking all in Chinese lately, my journal has been in Chinese! Good luck to my future generations! haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment