Monday, June 1, 2015

-Transfers! Well I am headed back to East Malaysia! Crazy! I will be in Miri! With Elder South! He is from Idaho and was in my MTC group! He is great and I am excited! I fly out on Wednesday morning so next week I will be emailing from there! 

Our area was cut out because there is a lot of elders going home and so there are less areas. All of our investigators and stuff is now loaded onto the other Chinese Elders companionship. 

Miri is a biking area from what I have heard and so I am excited to get back on a bike! Other than that I am sure you will hear a lot more about it next week! 

-Been running like crazy this week! a 5k in the morning and then a couple more each night. It has been great. 

-We put up a new net on the basketball court. It looks sick, thanks Dad. I forgot how much I loved hearing the ball swish through an actual net :) 

-Elder Lu got kissed twice on the cheek this week. Believe it or not. We had a lesson with some new Indian investigators and he started tearing up during his testimony and the wife freaked out. She started like rubbing his chest and trying to calm him down even though he was fine just getting a little emotional. Then she kissed him once on each cheek, I guess she thought it might make him feel better. :) 

-We went to a college here in JB this week to meet a potential investigator and wow. When we walked in I thought I could feel like how it must of felt to feel like a black person in an all white school 50 years ago. Everyone was staring at us way hard. But we met a lot a people there and it was great. It reminded me of being in college. It was really weird. Everyone was talking about Chemistry and Biology and stuff. So weird. 

Then the next day we got kicked out of the college. Figured. We should have known. That is a crazy story for when I come home from my mission. 

- We had a branch activity this week. Played capture the flag at this beautiful park. It was a lot of fun. 

-Two weeks ago we had a member friend named Vivy start taking lessons from us. In the very first lesson without us even mentioning baptism she told us that she would listen but would never ever get baptized. Well, that is what we do so we were pretty down about it but we felt to keep teaching her anyways. Well, yesterday we taught her after church and she broke down crying in her own closing prayer of the lesson. It was so sweet and the spirit was so strong. She wants to get baptized now. 

It is amazing to be apart of such a quick, huge turnaround of thought process. I testify that the spirit can do that. God can work these miracles not a cowboy and myself. It's him and it is amazing to be a part of it every single day. I love it so much. 

One thing I will share that I have learned this week. With all your learning get some understanding. I read the whole Book of Mormon only looking for references about the gospel of Jesus Christ (which is a lot) and didn't learn a lot but then I took three days of personal studies and just pondered the gospel of Jesus Christ and learned more in those three days then I did in the two months of reading the Book of Mormon. 

Just take the time to actually digest and understand what you are learning about and it will you learn understand a ton more :)

love you all,

Alma 36:24 

Elder Pierce


P.S. I finished the Book of Mormon in Chinese this week. (Simplified Characters!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment