Friday, September 4, 2015

This week has been crazy. 

-I now have a smart phone. And a computer. That's weird. 
-I work with Filipino's but I am immersed in a Chinese city. 
-Not to mention one of the richest most beautiful places in the world. (Singapore)
-My companion is from Sydney Australia (Elder Perritt) and is called English Speaking. 
---He is awesome by the way. I love him. I know this is going to be a good companionship.---
-Using Whatsapp. All the time. 
-Living in a very expensive apartment in downtown singapore. 
-Eating real subway and quiznoz! wow. That was a shock to the taste buds. 

Saying goodbye to everyone in Miri was sad. But I will be back on exchanges so that will be fun. 
This upcoming week week we will be heading to KK (Kota Kinabalu) on Tuesday and then to Kuching on Thursday! That should be fun! Going back to good old Kuching! But not in the Chinese area but in the Malay area because the zone leaders are Malay speaking. 

-Did I mention that we book a ton of flights? we do. A lot. Most are Malaysian Airlines. 

I got to Singapore at 12 pm on Wednesday and we picked up 21 new missionaries from the airport at 12:15pm so things went fast. We did new missionary orientation, train the trainers and did some trainings in those with no preparation since I had just gotten to Singapore literally minutes before but luckily Elder Perritt and I were able to work well together improvising right from the beginning. It has been a lot. But a lot of fun as well. 

And with all this going on we are still contacting people on the trains and buses and street. Working with a full new ward has been a shock. I am used to tiny branches. Not big wards full of Filipino members who give you referrals every two seconds. That has been wonderful. We have a baptism this upcoming month on the 20th. Her name is Mae and she is so ready. This area is ready to explode. The Filipino work is unbelievable.  

I can now more understand why the church in the Philippines is so amazing. They are the most humble down to learn people I have ever met. So much different from the Chinese people. 

Still learning and speaking chinese a lot though.  There are tons of Chinese people here in Singapore and their chinese is actually proper! Not slang! 

I have felt the hand of the Lord this week so much. I needed it too. Much of it has come because I have needed to lean on Jesus Christ. I didn't have it in me to do everything that the Lord asked me to do this week. If we can learn to get out of comfort zone more often and lean on Jesus Christ, the miracles and the spirit will come. And that is what makes me happy. When I can feel the spirit and know I am doing the right thing. I am following the Lord's path for me. 

I love you all. 


Elder Pierce 

No comments:

Post a Comment