Thursday, September 10, 2015

So i don't have a ton of time but here goes.

This week was amazing. 

Filipinos love basketball. So that is always a plus. And they love music. What else could people want? 

They play basketball on saturday nights at the church with a lot of non-members so we are trying to figure out a way to take advantage of it. It is harder to teach a class to adults who think they know what they are doing :) 

We played a musical number at the sisters baptism on Sunday which was nice. I played an arrangement of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing." (my own with a few differences) while my companion (who is an amazing singer by the way) with the sisters sang. Went amazing. 

Elder Perritt and I have a lot of fun together during the time we are actually together. We are often on exchanges with the zone leaders or on member exchanges on the weekends (too many lessons to teach) but last p-day and today we are enjoying playing the organ and piano together. It is a very musical companionship. 

Each week I report with East Malaysia since Elder Perritt is an English missionary he works more with west malaysia and singapore. So i take care of Sibu, Miri, Bintulu, Kota Kinabalu, and Kuching. 

This week we were on exchanges in Kota Kinabalu. Amazing zone leaders there. I was with Elder Spurrier who was my previous zone leader in Miri. It was awesome. We literally talk to everyone no matter the language and we can since he is Malay speaking and I am chinese! That just about covers everyone in Malaysia so that was cool! Elder Spurrier is from Holladay Utah and went to Olympus high school so we will probably be hanging out after the mission! Cool stuff! 

Then we went to Kuching and I went on exchanges with Elder Call. So good. I tried to not let anyone from the chinese area know that I was coming back but that didn't go so well. Audrey and Penny and President Teo all found out (I have no idea how) and yeah. President Teo ended up following to a lesson! Way cool to see him again! 

Then yesterday we had stake conference here. So many white people. I though mom or dad was going to pop around the corner at any moment it was really weird.

This week we are headed to JB and KL for exchanges after the missionary leadership council tomorrow! 

We are on the road a lot so it has been hard keep the workouts going but have been running or basketball each morning. We live next to the church in singapore which is nice. 

Alma 5:26

love you all,


Elder Pierce 

No comments:

Post a Comment