Monday, May 4, 2015

So this week the zone leaders and assistants to the President tried to tell me that I couldn't work out or play basketball at night after planning outside. Yeah I was pretty mad about it. I went straight to President about it and he was totally fine with it. Sometimes..I swear..haha but its all good now.

We have been sticking to the gym in the mornings and basketball at nights. I usually run one or two 17's (for those who know what those are) to cap off each night. It turns into a good workout. 

Chinese is going well. Trying to learn how to read Chinese characters now which is a whole new ball game than speaking chinese. But I have read to Alma chapter 15 in Chinese simplified characters in the Book of Mormon. Chinese simplified are the ones they read in China. In Taiwan they read Traditional Chinese characters. They are very similar but a little different..

Susanna! A widowed Indian woman who contacted us on the bus asking "Are you guys Christian?" has totally turned into one of the biggest miracles on my mission. She is on date for May 16th to be baptized and is coming to church every week. We meet with her basically everyday and she stays after church now everyday to do family history. She is looking forward to going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead especially for her passed away husband. She is already trying to figure out how much plane tickets are to the temple and is starting to save money for it! She is totally the best ever! We are so excited for her! 

Elder Lundahl-Wolford and I will have been together 7 months at the end of this transfer..that is a long long time but he is the man and we have done some really good work here and in the MTC. It makes me feel that President actually does know what he is doing with transfers. Our President goes home in July and he will be sorely missed but the new President that comes in speaks Chinese and served his mission in Taiwan! How cool is that? All the Chinese elders are stoked! 

I have seen the spirit increase in our lessons this week as we ask direct questions. I did a study where I wrote down every single question that Jesus Christ asked in the 4 gospels and 3 Nephi. And wow did he ask a lot of questions. But I realized that about 9/10 questions he didn't even intend for people to answer. He answered many of the questions himself and some were just rhetorical. But the few questions he did mean to be answered were direct, simple, impossible to misunderstand, and to the point. Usually it consisted of "Do you believe.....?" And so I have been implementing it. And it works. It makes people think and analyze their belief and respond. Kind of like a baptism interview. But in a lesson. It really has brought our lessons to life. 

Found a great scripture this week that kind of defines why I am here in Malaysia: Alma 36:24

Yea, and from that time even until now, I have laboredwithout ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance;that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy ofwhich I did taste; that they might also be born of God, andbe filled with the Holy Ghost.

Ever since "that time" which is when I knew the gospel was true from my own experience through the spirit I have been at it declaring repentance through Jesus Christ. And that is what I love and owe to Him. To help others feel the to sing the song of redeeming love through our Savior Jesus Christ. 

Love you all,

Elder Pierce

平长老

No comments:

Post a Comment