Thursday, March 31, 2016

I am officially transferred! I have been with Elder Spurrier for 3 transfers and 5 transfers here serving as an assistant to President Simmons and it has been awesome! I have loved every minute of it! Of course there have been hard times but it has all been worth it. I have learned so much from President Simmons as I was able to work with him closely a lot. 

I have been transferred to the Chinese 2nd Ward in Singapore. I will be training and be a district leader at the same time! So that is exciting! You will have to wait and see who my new companion is next week! Even though I already know who it is! 

He arrives along with the 6 other missionaries on Wednesday from the Provo MTC!!! 

It has been my dream to serve in the Chinese 2nd ward in Singapore. A lot of the ward is from China and their chinese is supposedly the best in the mission. So it will make for a great last 3 months of speaking chinese all day everyday. Oh how I miss speaking Chinese!!! 

This week was amazing! 

The highlights were baptizing 3 of my favorite people in the world. 

#1 is Simon from Miemar. He is so awesome. In his testimony he talked about how it was a hard decision to join the church because his Father is a pastor over two Anglican churches in Miemar but he relied on the spirit and felt that this was the true church! 

#2 is Resa. We met her after praying at Botanic Gardens in Singapore because we were lost and didn't know what to do. We went to this hut and there was a Filipino reading the Bible. We read with her and invited her to learn about the Book of Mormon. Yesterday she was baptized and then gave a (no joke) 40 min long testimony. It was the longest baptismal service I have ever been to! I was able to baptize her and I baptized her in Tagalog! 

Bilang Naatasan ni Jesocristo binibinyagan kita sa pangalan ng ama at ng anak at ng esperito santo. Amen. 

It was crazy. The congregation was shocked that i did it in Tagalog but it was totally worth it :) 

#3 Theresa. Also a miracle find. In the subway station. After testifying to her she said her hairs were sticking up and she didn't know what that feeling was! The spirit of course! And she has been rock solid ever since! She cancelled her flight to Hong Kong so she could stay longer at the church after the baptism and she had 32 missed calls from her employer and I asked her, "Sister Theresa! Your boss called you 32 times! Aren't you going to call her back?" She responded "I don't care about it! I just want to be in the church!" " She can wait!" it was crazy! I love all 3 of them so much. 

The last 3 transfers were a little rough and we didn't see too much success in our own area but yesterday made it all worth it. Those three people are the biggest miracles ever. Probably of my entire mission. So awesome. 


God is real. I testify to the grave. 

Love 


Elder Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment